    program around the file stream?
    Any general advice or alternative implementations from someone who has done
    something similar before?
    bradley, Jun 7, 2005

  2. If I was you I'd first try using the J# zip classes:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/06/ZipCompression/default.aspx

    Or I've heard of people having success with this code:
    http://www.icsharpcode.net/Ope­nSource/SharpZipLib/Default.as­px

    Or you could consider calling a command line utility like this:
    http://www.i386.info/software/­zip23xn.zip

    Or you could consider a 3rd party component such as this:
    http://www.xceedsoft.com/products/zipnet

    Perhaps this free PDF code will also be of use to you:
    http://www.ujihara.jp/iTextdotNET/en/index.html

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Jun 8, 2005

  3. What you seem to need is a component that can zip/unzip with support
    for the latest Zip format, which offers AES strong encryption. There
    are, to my knowledge, no free libraries that support the latest Zip
    format. That is asking a lot from a free library.

    --
    Alex Leblanc
    Xceed Software Inc.

    High-quality ActiveX and .NET libraries and controls

    Email: (remove the first 'x')
    AlexL [Xceed], Jun 10, 2005