zipimport limited to 65536 files?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tom Graves, May 1, 2014.

  1. Tom Graves

    Tom Graves Guest

    Hello,

    I am trying to use python (2.6.6) to read a jar file that contains python files.  I'm simply setting PYTHONPATH= spark-assembly-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-hadoop2.4.0.jar.   Unfortunately it fails to read the python files from the jar file and if run in verbose mode just shows:

    import zipimport # builtin
    # installed zipimport hook
    # zipimport: found 0 names in spark-assembly-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-hadoop2.4.0.jar

    I was messing around and noticed that if I reduce the number of files and directories in the jar to below 65536 then it works:

    import zipimport # builtin
    # installed zipimport hook
    # zipimport: found 65452 names in pyspark.jar

    Is this a known limitation or is this perhaps fixed in newer version or is there a work around?

    Note, I'm not subscribed to the mailing list so please copy me in response if possible.

    Thanks,
    Tom
    Tom Graves, May 1, 2014