Zoom posible

AAaron123

Firefox has a zoom feature that IE does not (or at least I did not find it).

Is it reasonably effort-wise to program such a feature using asp.net?

Thanks

Gregory A. Beamer

If you merely want to zoom your own page, I would consider looking at
Silverlight first, as it would be much easier. I am sure, with some thought,
you can come up with other ideas.

If you are talking IE, you may be best to wait for IE8. The other option is
to build an add in that zooms, similar to this one:
http://www.febooti.com/products/iezoom/

AAaron123

Thanks I'll wait for IE8.

If you've tried the IE8 beta and Firefox, does IE8 work as well as Firefox
does?

The IE8 site says:
"improves upon traditional zoom-in/zoom-out functionality "

That (improves?) doesn't imply that IE7 has some zoom capability other that
changing the text size, does it?

Thanks

IE7 has a decent zoom feature.
Look in the status bar at the bottom right corner of the IE window.
Alternately you can use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+ and Ctrl-

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,

Rain

From IE7 updwards you can zoom using the CTRL + and - keys like firefox has
done for some time. Im not sure if there is any programatic exposure for
that.

Rain

Oh yeah, one oher thing.

It is possible to zoom another way, buts its very tedious. If you use
scalable measurments like EM's for example, then by altering the text size,
you can have the page zoom, this is useful for older browsers like IE6 or
any other which has no zoom facility built in.

I think CSS 3 specifications consider zoom to be a browser requirement, so
coders shouldnt really have to go to all the effort of using scalable
measures, but its there if you need it specifically.

Gregory A. Beamer

IE8 does improve on zoom (over IE7) this quite a bit, but I would not switch
to the beta right now. But then I am very cautious on betaware (tired of
rebuilding my machines).

Tom Dacon

AAaron123 said:
Thanks I'll wait for IE8.

If you've tried the IE8 beta and Firefox, does IE8 work as well as Firefox
does?

The IE8 site says:
"improves upon traditional zoom-in/zoom-out functionality "

That (improves?) doesn't imply that IE7 has some zoom capability other
that changing the text size, does it?

You haven't noticed the zoom button in the bottom status bar?

Tom Dacon
Dacon Software Consulting

AAaron123

Seems to be some combination of my IE7 File, Edit, View and right-click menu
items.
I have nothing like that. Maybe we have different options set.

Thanks

The attached is a screenshot of the zoom menu on IE7. Bah!

AAaron123

thanks
Rain said:
From IE7 updwards you can zoom using the CTRL + and - keys like firefox
has done for some time. Im not sure if there is any programatic exposure
for that.

AAaron123

Thanks but that only changes the text. And the only text sized with px and
em. E.g., text sized with pt is not scaleable.

Thanks again for your previous post.

AAaron123

Me too. thanks

Gregory A. Beamer said:
IE8 does improve on zoom (over IE7) this quite a bit, but I would not
switch to the beta right now. But then I am very cautious on betaware
(tired of rebuilding my machines).

AAaron123

For some, certainly! I'd love to help.

But I was thinking of my site on a small screen.

Thanks