2.0 Menus in virtual directories

Guest

We have a menu that is fed by a sitemapprovider which in turn is fed by a
table in a database. The table holds, among other things, the paths to the
pages appropriate to the given menu item. (/newer/report.aspx, etc). The
application that contains this is a ASP.NET 2.0 app that resided within (as a
virtual directory) an older classic ASP app. Some of the menu items of the
ASP.NET app need to call pages in the ASP application. Since the menus are
created within the context of the .NET app, we are getting an extra folder
prepended onto the menu items that call the older application.

What is the best way to modify the prepended path? Do I need to override
the Menu class, or is there some simpler method?