2 domains off one host using JSP

Andrew Thompson

The server of www.lensescapes.com has enough space to also
host my old site 1.1C. I've just grabbed the domain name
www.1point1c.org and pointed it to the lensescapes server..

I _inended_ to use JSP to check the domain name the
web surfer is using and throw up the appropriate page,
but my tentative experiments thus far have not been successful.

Take the page at http://www.1point1c.org/tst/ , this is a JSP
that includes a file list and some further information, such as
displaying request.getRequestURL()..

This does not say an address at 1point1c, but..
'The Request URL listed is
http://www.lensescapes.com/tst/index.jsp.'

Can anybody give me pointers on how to achieve
what I'm after?

Shawn McDermott

if you are using apache, the mod_proxy module might be able to handle
this. I haven't used it in a while, but if I remember you can redirect
a url. Take a look at mod_proxy at www.apache.org

Shawn

Shawn McDermott

one caviat......when I used mod_Proxy I had to build it locally against
the version of apache I was running. to save you some headache, you
might want to do the same, rather than try a pre-built binary.

just a thought.
Shawn