__FILE__ + __DATE__

Zero

Hello all,

is it possible to change the format of __FILE__ + __DATE__,
for example instead of hh:mm:ss ss:mm:hh?

Where can I get information on this topic?

santosh

Zero said:
Hello all,

is it possible to change the format of __FILE__ + __DATE__,
for example instead of hh:mm:ss ss:mm:hh?

Where can I get information on this topic?

No. You implementation may provide some way out, for which consult it's
documentation or an appropriate group. This group is implementation
agnostic.

David Thompson

is it possible to change the format of __FILE__ + __DATE__,
for example instead of hh:mm:ss ss:mm:hh?
Not in (standard) C, but <OT> for make (and perhaps some other build
systems) on some systems you can do something like:
c89 -DMYDATE=`date +%blahbah` otherflagsandfiles

Filenames are somewhat harder in general because essentially all
nontrivial translation units will involve more than one source file.
Also on non-Unix systems there is variation in the preferred and even
allowed syntaxes of filenames/pathnames/etc. You may have to punt on
these issues, or at least limit your supported platforms.

But if what you want is some component and/or version identifier(s)
that are different from the standard ones, just make your own.