A better xPath statement

mTbrains

I'm trying to pull out just three elements with a particular content
from a list of elements
my xml:

<content>
<topic>
<name>Sport</name>
</topic>
<topic>
<name>Health</name>
</topic>
</content>
Here's what works in my xsl file, but there's probably a
better/easier/more efficient way of doing it:

<xsl:for-each select="topic[./name='Sports']| topic[./name='Movies']|
topic[./name='US News']">

Thanks in advance...martin

David Carlisle

mTbrains said:
I'm trying to pull out just three elements with a particular content
from a list of elements
my xml:

<content>
<topic>
<name>Sport</name>
</topic>
<topic>
<name>Health</name>
</topic>
</content>
Here's what works in my xsl file, but there's probably a
better/easier/more efficient way of doing it:

<xsl:for-each select="topic[./name='Sports']| topic[./name='Movies']|
topic[./name='US News']">

Thanks in advance...martin

well you could (always) drop the ./ as the Xpath is the same without
that.

then something like

<xsl:for-each select="topic[name='Sports' or name='Movies' or name='US
News']

or a bit shorter but perhaps a little less clear:

<xsl:for-each select="topic[name[.='Sports' or .='Movies' or .='US News']]

In XPath2 you will be able to do

<xsl:for-each select="topic[name=('Sports','Movies','US News')]

David

Martin Honnen