A Specific PyGame

Michael P. Nugent

I am looking for a specific "game" that is really a programming
environment for young kids.

I believe it implements PyGame, and presents two windows: one is a grid
with some obstacles, and a character that must traverse the grid;
another is an interactive editor that encourages a learner to write a
script to navigate the character around the obstacles.

I saw this within the past week, but I cannot remember or discover
where. I have revisited a number of PyGame related sites, and Googled
like crazy, but I'm not finding any visited links that are productive.
I've also extracted everything out of .mozilla/.../history.dat. As you
can see, I'm looking for a specific answer to my specific query.

Greg Krohn

Michael said:
I am looking for a specific "game" that is really a programming
environment for young kids.

I believe it implements PyGame, and presents two windows: one is a grid
with some obstacles, and a character that must traverse the grid;
another is an interactive editor that encourages a learner to write a
script to navigate the character around the obstacles.

I saw this within the past week, but I cannot remember or discover
where. I have revisited a number of PyGame related sites, and Googled
like crazy, but I'm not finding any visited links that are productive.
I've also extracted everything out of .mozilla/.../history.dat. As you
can see, I'm looking for a specific answer to my specific query.

Perhaps you are thinking of GvR (Guido van Robot): http://gvr.sourceforge.net/ .

-greg

Michael P. Nugent

Greg said:
Perhaps you are thinking of GvR (Guido van Robot):
http://gvr.sourceforge.net/ .

-greg

If it were a snake, it woulda' bit me!

I even had a bookmark for it, but for some reason was associating it
with a Robot Odyssey clone-- written in Java, no less!

It has been a disorienting week. Thank you. <Insert preferred deity
here> love the Python community.