    help me to get the absolute path.

    thanks in advance
    Seema Rao

    seema, Mar 22, 2005

  2. seema

    phaylon Guest

    Please read the posting guidelines and give an example of what you've
    tried.

    phaylon@hamlett:~> perl -e "print 'Homedir: ', glob('~')"
    Homedir: /home/phaylon

    hth,p

    phaylon, Mar 22, 2005

  3. So it is quite likely that most questions you have will be one that are
    frequently asked.
    Those are two separate questions. ~ and .. are conceptually very
    different - one is part of the shell and the other part of the filesystem.

    Both questions are frequently asked and one is even Frequently Asked.

    The answer to one is Cwd::abspath but that you probably really should
    not do it - it is usually detremental to convert a relative path to an
    absolute one. See numerous previous threads for details.

    The answer to the other question is in the FAQ.

    Brian McCauley, Mar 23, 2005