activestate perl dev kit compile error for .net

Warren Porter

the appendix to the documentation for the .net part of perl dev kit
gives an example using windows forms:

package HelloWorldForm;
use strict;
use PerlNET qw(with AUTOCALL);

use namespace "System";
use namespace "System.Windows.Forms";
use namespace "System.Drawing";

=for interface
[extends: Form]
[STAThread]
static void Main();
private field TextBox textBox1; ####----- the offending line
private void button1_Click(any sender, EventArgs evArgs);
=cut

.... more stuff chopped out...

when I try this on my pc I get a compile error viz:

C:\Temp\pn>plc window.pl
PerlNET 5.3.0 build 530
Copyright (C) 1998-2003 ActiveState Corp. All rights reserved.
ActiveState is a division of Sophos Plc.
System.ApplicationException: Can't locate type TextBox
at PerlRuntime.Interpreter.GetType(Int32 x, String klass)
at PerlRuntime.Interpreter.typeof(Int32 x, Int32 klass_, Int32& e,
Int32& rt)
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance
of an object.

Is the docmentation wrong? what is the meaning of the error? How can I
get it to compile?

BrodieSola