Adding a header to a WebService proxy

mcquiggd

Hi,

I have a proxy object to a webservice which exposes a Header
collection.. I have also created a class that inherits from SoapHeader
and has a single property; this class is then added to the Header
collection on the property and is included in the serialised Xml which
is sent to the webservice...

However! Schema validation on the server fails as the Xml tree
including the header is as follows:

<soap:Envelope>
<soap:Header>
<NameOfMyClass>
<Property>
</NameOfMyClass>
<soap:Header>
<soap:Envelope>

I cannot change the schema, so I have created a function called by the
ProcessMessage event within a client side Soap Extension which creates
an element that equates to <soap:Header>, which is fine.

This is, I feel, slightly messy. Ideally I would be able to attribute
my custom class so that it was added as <soap:Header> rather than as a
sub element ... anybody have an idea if this is achievable?

Thanks,

David