    If you know of some way I can pull this off (or a reasonable facsimile
    thereof) I'd be grateful. Thanks very much!

    -Steve

    Steve Hershoff, Aug 8, 2006

  2. Steve Hershoff

    Kumar Reddi Guest

    you should use datalist instead.. you will have more control on the HTML.

    I had the same issue in my recent project.. initially i tried with datagrids
    like you are doing.. but couldnt succeed.. so went with datalist's and it
    worked like a charm

    Kumar Reddi, Aug 8, 2006

  3. As kumar explained use Datalist like so
    in ur ItemDataBund do
    Dim mychilddl As DataList =
    CType(e.Item.FindControl("idofdatalistinsidetheparentdatalist"), DataList)
    and then add control
    e.item.controls.Add(mychilddl)
    hope that helps
    Patrick

    Patrick.O.Ige, Aug 8, 2006
  4. In my datagrid's OnItemDataBound function I'd like to somehow "add" a
    Do not override OnItemDataBound but handle the event ItemCreated or
    ItemDataBound.
    ItemDataBound is raised after ItemCreated and only for non-pager items.

    Note that the DataGridItem itself is a sub-class of TableRow meaning
    that you are working with a Table Row indirectly.
    However, keep a caution that if you directly manipulate the TableRow or
    its container Table, you may lose out the functionality related to the
    DataGrid... like DataBinding etc. But as what I see, that seems (or should
    be) ok with you since you'd be handling it yourself.

    Gaurav Vaish \(www.EduJini.IN\), Aug 10, 2006