Algorithm

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Pearl_9, Dec 15, 2019.

  1. Pearl_9

    Pearl_9

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2019
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    /**
    * @param {character[][]} grid
    * @return {number}
    */
    function numOffices(grid) {
    let result = 0;
    //Put your code here.

    return result;
    };

    let height = parseInt(readline());
    let width = parseInt(readline());
    let grid = [];
    for (var i = 0; i < height; i++) {
    grid = (readline() || "").split("");
    }

    print(numOffices(grid));

    You are the owner of a coworking space like WeWork and your office building is rectangular. Your team just built wall partitions to create mini offices for startups. This office campus is represented by a 2D array of 1s (floor spaces) and 0s (walls). Each point on this array is a one foot by one foot square. You need to calculate the number of offices. A single office is bordered by walls and is constructed by placing floors next to each other, horizontally and/or vertically. Two 1s adjacent to each other horizontally or vertically are always part of the same office.

    Functions

    numOffices() has one parameter:

    • grid: a 2D grid/array of 1s and 0s

    Input Format

    For some of our templates, we have handled parsing for you. If we do not provide you a parsing function, you will need to parse the input directly. In this problem, our input format is as follows:

    • The first line is the number of rows in the 2D array
    • The second line is the number of columns in the 2D array
    • The rest of the input contains the data to be processed
    Here is an example of the raw input:

    Expected Output

    Return the number of valid offices in the grid.

    Constraints

    • Assume all four edges of the grid are all surrounded by walls.
    • Assume that the bounds of the array are the following:
    • The total amount of elements in the array: width x height <= 10^6

    Example

    Example numOffices() Input

    grid:
    [[1, 1, 0, 0, 0],
    [1, 1, 0, 0, 0],
    [0, 0, 1, 0, 0],
    [0, 0, 0, 1, 1]]

    Example Output

    3

    Solution

    There's 3 offices in this grid, one made of four 1s on the top left, one made of one 1 in the middle, and one made of two 1s in the bottom right.

    Pearl_9, Dec 15, 2019

  2. Pearl_9

    navinpath

    Joined: