[ann] Anabox v 0.1 for testing

Thomas Mayer

Hello,

Anabox v 0.1 is now functional on every Browser I have tested (Iceweasel
[=Firefox] 3.0.9, Opera 9.63, Galeon 2.0.6, Konqueror 2.5.9, IE6 with
Wine), but as I do not have any native Windows browsers nor any Mac
browsers available for testing, I would like to ask you once more to
test the functionality of the script.

http://www.residuum.org/anabox.htm

Thanks,
Thomas

PS: Of course the website will contain more information when the real
release is done.

Stevo

Thomas said:
Wine), but as I do not have any native Windows browsers nor any Mac
browsers available for testing, I would like to ask you once more to
test the functionality of the script.

You're really making it difficult for yourself by developing on the
third most popular OS (Linux). If I was you, I'd buy myself a second
hand PC for $100 and install Multi-IE and Safari on it and open up your
test matrix.

Gregor Kofler

Stevo meinte:
You're really making it difficult for yourself by developing on the
third most popular OS (Linux). If I was you, I'd buy myself a second
hand PC for $100 and install Multi-IE and Safari on it and open up your
test matrix.

I suppose it's not the browser - free virtual machines exists. But one
needs a licensed Windows copy.

Gregor

Timo Reitz

Thomas said:
Anabox v 0.1 is now functional on every Browser I have tested (Iceweasel
[=Firefox] 3.0.9, Opera 9.63, Galeon 2.0.6, Konqueror 2.5.9, IE6 with
Wine), but as I do not have any native Windows browsers nor any Mac
browsers available for testing, I would like to ask you once more to
test the functionality of the script.

http://www.residuum.org/anabox.htm

In my Firefox 3.0.10 I have to scroll vertically, which is fine, but the
darkened area is only as high as my viewport, so after scrolling down I have
a white bar at the bottom.

If you wish, I can upload a screenshot.

Aaron Gray

Thomas Mayer said:
Hello,

Anabox v 0.1 is now functional on every Browser I have tested (Iceweasel
[=Firefox] 3.0.9, Opera 9.63, Galeon 2.0.6, Konqueror 2.5.9, IE6 with
Wine), but as I do not have any native Windows browsers nor any Mac
browsers available for testing, I would like to ask you once more to
test the functionality of the script.

http://www.residuum.org/anabox.htm

Thomas,

Safari: Okay
Chrome: Okay
IE7 XP: Okay
IE8 Vista: Okay

Aaron

P.S. You need a back arrow on the Earth.

Osmo Saarikumpu

Thomas said:
I would like to ask you once more to
test the functionality of the script.

On Windows 2000/SP4:

FF 3.0.10
Ok, but slow, the image titles linger while the images resize.

IE 6.0.2800
Ok, but the back and forward arrows appear and dissappear almost
randomly; hard to catch them at 1st or even 2nd attempt.

Opera 9.00.8501
Ok, no quirks detected.

BTW, before anything, you should make sure that your markup validates.

Best wishes,
Osmo

David Mark

On Windows 2000/SP4:

FF 3.0.10
Ok, but slow, the image titles linger while the images resize.

IE 6.0.2800
Ok, but the back and forward arrows appear and dissappear almost
randomly; hard to catch them at 1st or even 2nd attempt.

Opera 9.00.8501
Ok, no quirks detected.

BTW, before anything, you should make sure that your markup validates.

I see a lot of empirical data gathering, but no code review so far.
The latter is all that matters.

JR

Hi Thomas,
a) You shouldn't redefine yScroll and xScroll variables many times
(lines 271 thru 277). This happens with 'docHeight' too.

b) In initialize() method, there's no need to use
document.getElementById() 12 times since you have variables pointing
to the elements that have just been created. For instance:

var overlay = document.createElement('div');
[...]

Instead of:
this.overlayObj = document.getElementById('overlay');

Use:
this.overlayObj = overlay;

c) instead of:
if (this.imageArray[imageNum][1] !== '' && this.imageArray[imageNum]
[1] !== undefined) {
this.captionObj.firstChild.data = this.imageArray[imageNum][1];
} else {
this.captionObj.firstChild.data = '';
}

Checks for '', null, or undefined with:
if (this.imageArray[imageNum][1]) { ... } // As this

Or you can just use:
this.captionObj.firstChild.data = this.imageArray[imageNum][1]

As this.imageArray[imageNum][1] will always be '' or a valid caption.

Is there another option to prisons when it comes to psychopaths and
paedophiles? I don't think so.

Cheers,
Joao Rodrigues