[ANN] Heist: a Scheme interpreter in Ruby

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by James Coglan, Feb 25, 2009.

  1. James Coglan

    James Coglan Guest

    Hi all,

    Just a quick announcement that I've just released the first alpha version of
    Heist, a Scheme interpreter in Ruby. It's currently fairly
    arithmetic-focused, but it also has runtime support for some of the more
    tricky stuff like tail recursion, macros and first-class continuations. More
    info on my blog, and on Github:

    http://blog.jcoglan.com/2009/02/25/announcing-heist-a-new-scheme-implementation-written-in-ruby/
    http://github.com/jcoglan/heist/

    Feedback very much appreciated. I know people are forking it already, and
    while this is very gratifying I should point out I'm currently not accepting
    patches as I'm writing this mostly for my own education. Implementation
    advice and literature will be very gratefully received, however.

    James Coglan, Feb 25, 2009