[ANN] Instant Rails replaced by the BitNami RubyStack

Curt Hibbs

I no longer have the time to maintain and support Instant Rails, and there
will be no further releases.

However, Instant Rails is being replaced by the BitNami RubyStack, which you
can find here:

http://www.bitnami.com/stack/rubystack

The BitNami RubyStack ships with the following components (all fully
integrated):

- Ruby 1.8.6 patch level 111
- RubyGems 0.9.4
- Rails 1.2.5
- ImageMagick 6.3.5
- Subversion 1.4.5
- SQLite 3.5.1
- MySQL 5.0.45

Please give it a try!

Thanks,
Curt

barjunk

I no longer have the time to maintain and support Instant Rails, and there
will be no further releases.

However, Instant Rails is being replaced by the BitNami RubyStack, which you
can find here:

http://www.bitnami.com/stack/rubystack

The BitNami RubyStack ships with the following components (all fully
integrated):

- Ruby 1.8.6 patch level 111
- RubyGems 0.9.4
- Rails 1.2.5
- ImageMagick 6.3.5
- Subversion 1.4.5
- SQLite 3.5.1
- MySQL 5.0.45

Please give it a try!

Thanks,
Curt

Curt,

As a user of Instant Rails when I first started learning Rails/Ruby I
wanted to say thanks for all your effort and time.

Mike B.

Mohit Sindhwani

Curt said:
I no longer have the time to maintain and support Instant Rails, and there
will be no further releases.

However, Instant Rails is being replaced by the BitNami RubyStack, which you
can find here:

http://www.bitnami.com/stack/rubystack

The BitNami RubyStack ships with the following components (all fully
integrated):

- Ruby 1.8.6 patch level 111
- RubyGems 0.9.4
- Rails 1.2.5
- ImageMagick 6.3.5
- Subversion 1.4.5
- SQLite 3.5.1
- MySQL 5.0.45

Please give it a try!

Thanks,
Curt

Hi Curt

Thanks for your continued support on it! It is simply the best way to
get started with Rails (and even Ruby)!

Cheers,
Mohit.
11/26/2007 | 4:12 PM.