[ANN]: PageTemplate 1.1

Brian Wisti

Hi all,

I've released PageTemplate 1.1. Now with a new 'include' command, so
you can insert content from external files.

* http://rubyforge.org/projects/pagetemplate/
* http://coolnamehere.com/products/pagetemplate/

PageTemplate is a Ruby package which allows you to utilize text
templates for your Web projects. It is mainly intended for use in a
CGI environment, but has been designed to be useful in a broad range
of similar applications. It is inspired by, yet almost entirely
unlike, the HTML::Template package available for Perl. It has a few
features that I hope folks will find useful:

* Variable substitution
* "if/else" blocks - inserting chunks of content depending on the
existence of a flag variable
* "loop/no" blocks - repeatedly inserting a chunk of content,
using values from a list
* A simple default syntax
* Customizable markup syntax (awkward, but it's there)
* Cache template information to disk to speed up access (experimental!)
* New! The ability to include external files (Added in 1.1)

It also has a few features of its own (otherwise, where's the fun?).

* Customizable markup syntax to simplify integration with your own tools.
* Cache template information to disk to speed up access (experimental!)

I hope folks like it!

Kind Regards,

Brian Wisti
http://coolnamehere.com/

Brian Wisti

... and now there's a 1.1.1 release, with a few typographical errors
fixed in the documentation (and a few new ones added, no doubt). I
couldn't justify bumping the number without *something* new, so I
added some helpful infrastructure-type things.

* Now there's a Rakefile instead of a Makefile. Small change, but
I thought it seemed philosophically appropriate
* PageTemplate is now available as a gem file! That will make a
couple of my users happy, since they've only been asking for it since
... when did RubyGems get released? I forget.

Anyways, here's where you can find the project files:

* http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=407

Enjoy!

Merry Christmas,
Brian Wisti