[ANN] rubydium 0.3 and nanovm 0.1

Alexander Kellett

as i reached a target speed last night here's another long delayed
release.
this is a complete rewrite of the first rubydium.

libjit usage has been replaced with a stable c extension:
http://www.lypanov.net/xml/development/nanovm.xml (slightly older
snapshot)

summary of changes:
stackless - thereby giving yield/block iterators
pure ruby virtual machine replacing libjit, and nanovm, its c
counterpart
several high level optimizations (cps for return, specialized method
call dispatch)

for more information:
http://www.lypanov.net/rubydium-0.3.pdf (read best in acrobat or
preview.app)

code available from the darcs repo: (not yet fully merged, work in
progress :))
darcs get --partial http://www.lypanov.net/repos/rubydium-mirror

any feedback welcome,
to those that have helped me get this far: *thank you*
Alex

Alexander Kellett

Alexander Kellett ha scritto:

thanks for releasing. I dare to ask: why did you left libjit?

unmaintained (no release since aug last year).
unstable, even the non jitting version.
no real active community.
and, most important,
no support for tail calls which my design is based on.
Alex