Anonymizing DTD or XML Schema

Michael Wein

Hello,

does anyone know of a tool that automatically anonymizes a DTD or XML
Schema? By anonymizing I mean renaming all elements/type definitions but
still containing the structure, esp. the references/dependencies.

Background: we have problems handling an XML Schema with our XML editor and
the vendor requires the schema for debugging purposes. But unfortunately
the XML Schema comes from a different company and contains confident
information so that disclosing it to the vendor of the XML editor would
probably violate an NDA. If you wonder that I mixed up DTD and XML Schema:
basically that doesn't matter to us since the XML Schema was generated from
a DTD. Anonymizing either of those would help us.

Philippe Poulard

Michael said:
Hello,

does anyone know of a tool that automatically anonymizes a DTD or XML
Schema? By anonymizing I mean renaming all elements/type definitions but
still containing the structure, esp. the references/dependencies.

Background: we have problems handling an XML Schema with our XML editor and
the vendor requires the schema for debugging purposes. But unfortunately
the XML Schema comes from a different company and contains confident
information so that disclosing it to the vendor of the XML editor would
probably violate an NDA. If you wonder that I mixed up DTD and XML Schema:
basically that doesn't matter to us since the XML Schema was generated from
a DTD. Anonymizing either of those would help us.

hi,

as XML Schema is XML, you may use XSLT to rename each declaration; you
may use generate-id() to compute the new name of the elements and the
attributes
--
Cordialement,

///
(. .)
| Philippe Poulard |

Michael Wein

as XML Schema is XML, you may use XSLT to rename each declaration; you
may use generate-id() to compute the new name of the elements and the
attributes

Already thought of this. I am just not sure how to handle all the
references/dependencies.

Of course I would prefer something ready made, too ;-)