asp displaying long raw field

Bob Bob

Hi All,

I have an Oracle database which has a field LONG RAW type to store text
files. I'm trying to display the output of this field in ASP but I'm
having
problems.

I've gone through many different approaches but they either do nothing
or do
the following;

I've tried doing response.binarywrite(rs("data_object")) and I get
something
like below

<S¿OA~·Ç¸ä?R~m$!»Ä!SZ ÷Ð#Å1ì
ï+Kìïzü@'6ºMè¥Ô0Ù._
..
úM®AÁ"!Ò1Ë&OûTJâÐSàþMצU^§&oM>¼ëØ,-!VI(.£Öi#D×3îP¹X´`¤³io'N
¢G~cl
P?«Ä3;'´ûð4 zñij1aéi?0Öuí*' ÅGÁ
ò;äb?O¹?_ÆNÖ,,<®e­uA@¦µųzJ"áê_Zª+#1=¦ §r½ß?~ßþs­y"z.Ä'~Ð
Aef{õ(Xºñê;èSß,Ú9"ìÌÂ\2ÖH7R?SÑYïÞÿ~òl^fO ¹&ñB
îä­.þO^N<×'SúÈÙ¤ì¼ò³Zq¡í^LÂŶ¯©ðlW8'­;'òZûíÕíÇ<2dM±I@ì¤%¶
ehÂõkT? · ºe,Dul«knîì)ÈÅ"j¼´P´Z«J^|¹ûvXNy­²òS×ü???t>_Yïyóúƶâ
êO²zm×#ZC'? ¥fs¥z"éè !ŧSÂãxɸ%¸­Æ".Ϩ׫-{®*×X¥¤N.4J^ÄnÄ
ÔE&¯MÎL!ô-WÖCÎ$jYWh-ÿ © T Ò.özs® ªND?ér¦ÞÎDJ`º~O¦g.U)ݶ6§ç""sej»qò
s\FÓ'ÿ^öbäO

The data type is adLongVarBinary and ive seen some sites suggest binary
multibyte but I have no idea how to do that or if its on the write
lines.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Many many many thanks in advance :eek:)
Bob

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Bob said:
Hi All,

I have an Oracle database which has a field LONG RAW type to store

Yes, we read that the first time you posted it! We even saw it when you
posted it last week. You got some suggestions ten, as I recall. Why not
continue the conversation by adding new information in the original thread?

Reposting it every few hours will not make it more likely to be answered. On
the contrary, it will make it more likely that you will be ignored.

There are many reasons for not getting answers to your questions. The one
that applied to this one (at least for me) was the "I don't know" reason. I
rarely use binary fields in SQL Server, and I've never used Oracle. You
might try an ADO or Oracle newsgroup.

Bob Barrows

bob

Opps, I've been having problems with none of the messages I posted showing
up in outlook express.
I had to rebuild my pc a couple of weeks ago and I thought that I had some
setting wrong, so I did a resend but still no joy. Thats why I tried
sending the question via http://www.developersdex.com

Apologies to all for there been several repeats. I wonder if it was because
of the binary data example in the email which was why It didnt show up and
any replies?
Hopefully this will come up and I can try those examples that I have found
to the replies on http://www.developersdex.com.

Many thanks for all your replies, hopefully one of them will work :eek:)

Adrienne

Opps, I've been having problems with none of the messages I posted
showing up in outlook express.
I had to rebuild my pc a couple of weeks ago and I thought that I had
some setting wrong, so I did a resend but still no joy. Thats why I
tried sending the question via http://www.developersdex.com

My suggestion to you is to get a better news reader. I like XNews -
<http://xnews.newsguy.com/>.

You can also use Google Groups to see if a particular message has been
posted/replied to.