ASP.NET 2.0 Dropdownlist will not post back

rmfisher96

We have converted our ASP.NET v1.0 to v1.1, and up to v2.0.

We have a DropDownList in the v1.0 code successfully posting back. Now
that the code has been converted into v2.0 we do not get the postback
to fire.

The line in the aspx is listed below:
<asp:dropdownlist id="glFSClassification" runat="server" Font-Size="8"
Width="200" AutoPostBack="True" Enabled="true"
Font-Name="Verdana"></asp:dropdownlist>

Behavior properties are set below
AppendDataBoundItems = False
AutoPostBack = True
CausesValidation = False
Enabled = True
enableTheming = True
EnableViewState = True
Visible = true

We populate this DropDownList dynamically via code behind.

I'm stumped. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Robert.

Trevor Braun

Are you using VB or C#? I've noticed on one of my projects that was in VB,
that the events weren't being connected properly; the autoeventwireup was
false in the markup for some reason, and the event declaration was missing
the Handles.??? part in the codebehind

HTH,
Trevor B