ASP.NET SQL Server Session not timing out

Guest

Hello!

I have set the Session Timeout to 5 minutes. I login to the Web Page and
then wait for 6 minutes. Then I again try to get the page and the Session
does not expire.
I checked the Expires field in the ASPStateTempSessions Table and it shows
the correct value.
What I expect is that when I hit the page after 5 minutes, the Session
values are empty (even though the SessionID may be the same) or the Session
gets Abandoned and a new Session is created.

I would like to know how are timeouts handled by the SQL Server Session
Management module. In case of InProc, the timeout works fine. Do I have to
detect a timeout and handle clearing the Session myself?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Guest

Hello!

I found out what the problem was. The SQL Server Job that is suppose to
clear the DB Table was failing. This was the reason ASP.NET was getting stale
record. ASP.NET does not evaluate whether it is a stale Session or not. If it
gets it, it uses it.
Thanks