asp.net tracing using System.Diagnostics

Jiho Han

I am wondering whether asp.net applications can write trace information
using the System.Diagnostics.Trace class, and also whether in web.config,
the <system.diagnostics> element and its sub elements have effect.

Trace.axd is good but not perfect. I would like to use a separate file for
writing trace information in addition to Trace.axd.

Also, what happens when you call Trace.Close which has a set of listeners
including a text file writer listener, and call Trace.Write soon after?
Will it error out or will it reopen the listeners?
I am also assuming that Trace.Close would have no effect on default
listeners such as console, etc. Is that correct?

Thanks much.
Jiho