ASP pgm that will run on the server locally, but it crashes remote

csw

Environment: Windows 2008 R2
IIS 7.5

I have an ASP program that will run on the server, but it will crash on this
statement "Set oRecordset = oConnection.Execute(strQuery)" when I run in my
desktop using IE 7.

It will run from http://localhost/
It won’t run from http://testserver:80/

What could cause it?

The code like this.

Set oConnection = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Set oRecordset = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
oConnection.Provider = "ADsDSOObject" 'The ADSI OLE-DB provider
oConnection.Open "Active Directory Provider"

strQuery = "<LDAP://DC=gpo,DC=gov>;(&(objectClass=*)(cn=*" & strUID &
"*)(!(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)));ADsPath,physicalDeliveryOfficeName,company,department,title,sn,cn,name,givenname,mail,mailNickname,telephoneNumber,otherTelephone,extensionAttribute1,extensionAttribute2,extensionAttribute3,extensionAttribute4;subtree"

Set oRecordset = oConnection.Execute(strQuery)

Bob Barrows

csw said:
Environment: Windows 2008 R2
IIS 7.5

I have an ASP program that will run on the server, but it will crash
on this
statement "Set oRecordset = oConnection.Execute(strQuery)" when I
run in my
desktop using IE 7.

It will run from http://localhost/
It won't run from http://testserver:80/

Define "crash"
What could cause it?

The code like this.

Set oConnection = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Set oRecordset = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
oConnection.Provider = "ADsDSOObject" 'The ADSI OLE-DB provider
oConnection.Open "Active Directory Provider"

strQuery = "<LDAP://DC=gpo,DC=gov>;(&(objectClass=*)(cn=*" & strUID &
"*)(!(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)));ADsPath,physicalDeliveryOfficeName,company,department,title,sn,cn,name,givenname,mail,mailNickname,telephoneNumber,otherTelephone,extensionAttribute1,extensionAttribute2,extensionAttribute3,extensionAttribute4;subtree"

Set oRecordset = oConnection.Execute(strQuery)

csw

IE error:
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be
displayed.

FailedReqLogFiles warning:

27. -MODULE_SET_RESPONSE_ERROR_STATUS
ModuleName IIS Web Core
Notification 2
HttpStatus 401
HttpReason Unauthorized
HttpSubStatus 2
ErrorCode 2147942405
ConfigExceptionInfo
Notification AUTHENTICATE_REQUEST
ErrorCode Access is denied. (0x80070005)

I tried many ways to see what other messages that I can get, but did not get
any further error message.

Dan

The IIS user account doesn't have permission to execute the script. It works
locally because it's using integrated authentication to run under your user
credentials, but when you run it on the other server the permissions are
different.

Dan

csw

FailedReqLogFiles Errors:

CurrentStatement Set oRecordset = oConnection.Execute(strQuery)
SizeOfStatement 46
Error65. -ASP_LOG_ERROR
LineNumber 53
ErrorCode 80040e37
Description An operations error occurred.

Dan

Sorry, in my other reply I should have said that your login credentials
don't have sufficient permissions on the other server (if using integrated
authentication), or the IIS user account doesn't (if anonymous), or if using
impersonation somewhere in the application then the impersonated account
doesn't have sufficient permissions. Anyway, it's a permissions problem,
hence the 401 HTTP status and the "Access is denied" error description.

Dan

csw

Bob,

Thanks. I am trying to find where in IIS7 turn on "Send detailed error
messages to the client". Any idea?

csw

Dan,

In IIS 7,
a new Windows built-in group named IIS_IUSRS replaces the local IIS_WPG
group. A new Windows built-in account called IUSR replaces the local
IUSR_MachineName anonymous account from IIS 6.0. So I granted IIS_IUSRS group
modify right on the physical path.
Any other account that I need to grant permissions?

Thanks

Dan

csw said:
Dan,

In IIS 7,
a new Windows built-in group named IIS_IUSRS replaces the local IIS_WPG
group. A new Windows built-in account called IUSR replaces the local
IUSR_MachineName anonymous account from IIS 6.0. So I granted IIS_IUSRS
group
modify right on the physical path.
Any other account that I need to grant permissions?

Thanks

Sorry, no idea. I'm still running IIS6 on Windows 2003.