ASP/SQL Server Setup

Matt MacDonald

Hi all,
I'm trying to set up a web server using IIS on a different machine than my
SQL Server is on. I have my web site set up to use windows authentication,
and I have ASPNET set up as a user on the database. I still get the "Login
failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server
connection." though. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

Matt

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

You will have to turn off anonymous access for the website and force the
user to log in. If you have a login page already, you can work with Active
Directory to link the user to his account, but having the Windows login box
automagically pop up is a lot easier. As long as the user is in the DB, you
should be fine now.

Reason: User logged in as IUSR_ComputerName when they hit an anon website.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Carlos Barini

Cannot this be more easy?
Maybe the access rights of the SQLServer can be not good.
Or maybe the connection string can be modified !

Carlos Barini.
MCSE, MCDBA

Matt MacDonald

The thing is, I don't want to have to put a user in my database for every
person who is going to login to the site. Can't I have ASP.NET log intot
SQL server using the windows authentication for the machine that IIS is
running on? It works fine if IIS and SQL Server are on the same machine,
just not when they are on different ones.

Matt MacDonald

OK, I have one more question. Is there any way to use the configuration is
that article, but use windows authentication rather than forms?