Aspx pages and webcontrols question

Pedro Jaraiz

Hi, i have a newbie dud

I would like to develop a portal, and i have two web controls (the left menu, and the top menu

The only thing that i need its the central part (to show information depending in where you clicked in the menus

What is the best way to make this...? For example...

Its a good idea, make a aspx page for each different content in the central part, and then add the two menus to each aspx pages (as webcontrols of course), or there is a best way to make this?..

Thanks in advance
Pedro Jaraiz...

Alessandro Zifiglio

hi Pedro, you could either do what you suggested or make the central area a
user control and load usercontrols into the central part dynamically always
using one form.
I dont think there is a best practises for this and I think you need to do
what you feel is convenient to you, in ways of maintainence and ease of
development/deployment.

You might further want to take a look at the IBS portal starterkit and take
a few pointers from there as they are providing you with complete source
code in c#, vb.net and even build onto that whereas to starting out from
scratch.

http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=9&tabid=47

Hi, i have a newbie dude