Async Webmethods - Accessing from VC++ (Unmanaged)

shailesh

Hi All,

I have created a web service with a web method in C#. Now I would like to
access this method asynchronously from VC++ (unmanaged) code.

I know that using wsdl.exe I can create a proxy class for the web service,
which provides asynchronous methods to access the web method (begin...,
end... methods). But wsdl.exe gives the proxy in only CS, VB, JS and VJS.
I want a proxy in VC++ (unmanaged). How can I get this ?

I can add a reference to the web service directly in a VC++ (unmanaged)
project in which case VS.NET generates a c++ template class to access the
service (in a header file). But this class gives just the method and not
the asynchronous methods.

Is there any other way to access a web method developed in C# asynchronoulsy
from a VC++ project (unmanaged).

The whole idea behind what I am trying to do is that there will be a web
service (developed in C#) on a server which should be accessible from an
activeX control on a client machine (VC++ unmanaged).

Any and all ideas appreciated.

Regards.

Shailesh.

shailesh

One addition, the activeX control on the client should be able to call the

web method asynchronously..

Thanks.