[BEA][Oracle JDBC Driver]No more data available to read.

mineshdesai

Hi,
I am working on - BEA Weblogic version 9.22 & Oracle 10g. I have
created a data source(Connection Pool) with below configuration:
Initial Capacity: 1
Maximum Capacity: 15
Test Connections on Reserve: Selected
Test Frequency: 1
Database Driver: Oracle's Driver (Thin) Version 9.0.1, 9.2.0, 10

When I am trying to invoke any of the store procedure using JDBC's
callabale statement, I get an exception:

[BEA][Oracle JDBC Driver]No more data available to read.

I am not able to figure out what is the root cause. When i see my
code, everything seems to be fine. Also the procedures seems to be OK.
It will be great if any one can let me know the solution.

Thanks.

Markus Tazl

Hi,
I am working on - BEA Weblogic version 9.22 & Oracle 10g. I have
created a data source(Connection Pool) with below configuration:
Initial Capacity: 1
Maximum Capacity: 15
Test Connections on Reserve: Selected
Test Frequency: 1
Database Driver: Oracle's Driver (Thin) Version 9.0.1, 9.2.0, 10

When I am trying to invoke any of the store procedure using JDBC's
callabale statement, I get an exception:

[BEA][Oracle JDBC Driver]No more data available to read.

I am not able to figure out what is the root cause. When i see my
code, everything seems to be fine. Also the procedures seems to be OK.
It will be great if any one can let me know the solution.

Thanks.

It just looks as if your ResultSet was closed.
This may happen because of a closed connection,
a timed out connection, (it might be even a multithreading issue).
I had this problem some time ago after an admin
changed firewalls settings. Just to be sure, the DB-server
is available from your webserver ?

best regards
Markus Tazl

[...]

Yes DB server is available from my webserver. What did you do to
resolve the problem?

Nic

Just use the JDBC test your code and procedure.
If there is no problem, perhaps you had better check you weblogic
setting.
Removing the possible causes one by one.

mineshdesai

Just use the JDBC test your code and procedure.
If there is no problem, perhaps you had better check you weblogic
setting.
Removing the possible causes one by one.

Procedure is fine.... I have double checked it using JDBC.

Lew

[BEA][Oracle JDBC Driver]No more data available to read.

I am not able to figure out what is the root cause. When i see my
code, everything seems to be fine. Also the procedures seems to be OK.

"Seems OK" is so non-specific. I trust you know specifically what things you
checked, and specifically how your code didn't violate the items you knew to
put on your specific checklist. Of course the code isn't OK, or you wouldn't
have the bug. Therefore "seems" is an illusion.

Markus said:
It just looks as if your ResultSet was closed.
This may happen because of a closed connection,
a timed out connection, (it might be even a multithreading issue).
I had this problem some time ago after an admin
changed firewalls settings. Just to be sure, the DB-server
is available from your webserver ?

From
A ResultSet object is automatically closed when the Statement object
that generated it is closed, re-executed, or used to retrieve the next
result from a sequence of multiple results.

Could this apply in your case? Are you doing something else with the
Statement object while the ResultSet is still using it?

(Detachable RowSets are an apparent exception to this.)
best regards
Markus Tazl

The RFCs for Usenet specify "-- " (dash dash blank) on its own line as the
separator for the sig line(s). Many newsreaders will omit the sig from quoted
material in a reply.

mineshdesai

Markus said:
[...]

Lew thanks for the reply,

I modified a configuration setting of Weblogic Server. I have reduced
the Test Frequency Time to 1 . And as of now i am not getting the
error. The application is under observation. If this is successful i
will surely let everyone know.

Secondly, I know seems is not the proper word i have used above.

Anyways Thanks for the help