    Today, I had this idea that some of the decline of the
    popularity of C++ at TIOBE might be related to search
    searches for »C++«. Unless special rules are introduced,

    Stefan Ram, Jun 6, 2014

  2. <yawn>

    Victor Bazarov, Jun 6, 2014

  3. Stefan Ram

    Melzzzzz Guest

    On 6 Jun 2014 18:59:50 GMT
    Tiobe C first! Hhahahhahahahhahah

    Melzzzzz, Jun 6, 2014
  4. Stefan Ram

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    I think most of us just didn't agree with your view that C++11 is a
    new language. Of course different things should have different names.

    /Jorgen

    Jorgen Grahn, Jun 6, 2014
  5. Stefan Ram

    Stefan Ram Guest

    The definition of »language« in computer science.

    »In mathematics, computer science, and linguistics, a
    formal language is a set of strings of symbols that may
    be constrained by rules that are specific to it.«

    A Word-Wide Web encyclopedia

    And when two sets only differ by a single element, they are
    two different sets!

    Now, you might say that this might be true formally, but
    that it just does not feel like a new language, but then I
    quote Bjarne Stroustrup, who says:

    »C++11 feels like a new language.«

    http://www.stroustrup.com/C++11FAQ.html

    So, it is a new language formally, and it also feels like a
    new language, and people use a new designation (»C++11«) for it.

    Stefan Ram, Jun 6, 2014
  6. Stefan Ram

    Ian Collins Guest

    Don't forget the egg and chips.