Call graph of the whole application

Joined
Jan 29, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

Is there a non-toyish tool that can create a call graph of the whole application? I don't mean just getting a picture or drawing call graph by means of pointing method-by-method.

I need a call graph, which is accessible programmatically, i.e. the tool should flush it to a file in text mode (e.g. XML) or build the call graph in memory (which becomes problematic for large application). A call graph built in a DB would be great.

Both static and dynamic call graphs are in demand; though static one is a little more interesting, the fact that it is overapproximated is acceptable.

I have tried Soot so far: sable.mcgill.ca/soot/ . However, it is not able to handle even medium-size projects like FreeCol (java sources are available). Soot depletes 1.5GB of memory on that project, and then JVM crashes, as described here: sable.mcgill.ca/pipermail/soot-list/2008-July/001828.html

Could anyone suggest a tool to generate a call graph, as described above? Java or .NET languages are ok.

Best regards,
Sarge