Calling .NET web service functions via HTTP GET/POST

Ron Peleg, Creo

Hi,

I know you can call the WS methods using HTTP GET/POST, simply by
providing the method name in the URL and appending the parameters as
the method requires.

However, we would like to use this call method to invoke the
Beginxxx/Endxxx functions that are generated for each method. Is this
possible? Using the plain Begin-function-name in the URL did not work
(although using POST/GET is enabled and works for the 'sync' calls).

Thanks,
Ron Peleg,
Creo

Eric Pearson

BeginXXX/EndXXX don't do anything asynchronously over the wire, they'll use
another thread to perform a synchronous call to the web server.

In short, there are no Begin/End methods on the server, that's just asynchronous
client code.