Can i use multiple bluetooth dongles on one computer?!

Edward Klepping

Hi everybody.
I know this is abit of a weird setup but im trying to set up a system
with more than one bluetooth device on a computer. Ie two or more
dongles on one computer which could then all connect to a single
mobile device - ie my phone. Is this possible?! and if so how do you
access the addresses of them because from what i can gather making a
call to local device will only give a single address, not an array or
set of addresses. Any clues anybody?! If this is not possible in a
conventional way are there any work arounds people can suggest eg with
virtual serial ports etc? Just to clarify, its not the range thats
important its having distinguishable bluetooth points.

Any help would be really appreciate. Cheers.
Eddie

Paul Lutus

Edward said:
Hi everybody.
I know this is abit of a weird setup but im trying to set up a system
with more than one bluetooth device on a computer. Ie two or more
dongles on one computer which could then all connect to a single
mobile device - ie my phone. Is this possible?! and if so how do you
access the addresses of them because from what i can gather making a
call to local device will only give a single address, not an array or
set of addresses. Any clues anybody?! If this is not possible in a
conventional way are there any work arounds people can suggest eg with
virtual serial ports etc? Just to clarify, its not the range thats
important its having distinguishable bluetooth points.

Tell us how this relates to Java, our topic.

Edward Klepping

Paul Lutus said:
Tell us how this relates to Java, our topic.

Because i plan to write the application for it all in Java and
therefore wondered if any of you would know how you would do this in
java - ie if you know how all the bluetooth java API worked and
therefore suggest a way of tackling this problem java stylee, or tell
me if its not possible.
Cheers

marcus

man -- so many openings.
I want to write an application for my ford in java, so can someone tell
me how many cars I can park in my garage?
I want to write an application for my cell phone in java, so can someone
tell me how many phone numbers it can answer at once?
I want to write an application for my smart refridgerator in Java, so
can someone tell me how many eggs it holds?

Ed -- learn to paint, buddy

Edward Klepping

marcus said:
man -- so many openings.
I want to write an application for my ford in java, so can someone tell
me how many cars I can park in my garage?
I want to write an application for my cell phone in java, so can someone
tell me how many phone numbers it can answer at once?
I want to write an application for my smart refridgerator in Java, so
can someone tell me how many eggs it holds?

Ed -- learn to paint, buddy

Ah now you see, painting is where i am actually quite good. Alas, i
dont need to be able to paint for this project. Nice to see your all
very helpful on this forum. laters
Ed

Joined
Oct 8, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
is there any solution for this issue

Hi All,

We are also trying the same.Is it possible to use multiple dongles in one computer.It is very helpful our application optimization.We are having two separate bluetooth application that both need to run one one machine.So is it possible to use one dongle for each application.

Thanks in Advance,
Farook.