Check of java annotation data

mike

Hi,

Today we have an annotation for each test called Info. I need to check
this information. Information is different depending if it is a
create, get, set, update operation.

@Info(
time = Time.ISO9600,
attr = {
AREA,
SERVICE,
ROUTING,
}, type = TestCaseType.CREATE, positive = false,
description = ""
)

Then I have a testsummary class that access to all this information
for each test case using a HashMap containing "TestCaseName",Info.
<String, Info>

What I want to do is to check information in @Info -tag depending if
it is a create, get, set, update test case type.

The idea I have is to have an abstract base class like:

public abstract AbstractInfoChecker{
public abstract boolean checkInfo(Info info);
}

and impl classes for each operation tests:

public class Create extends AbstractInfoChecker{

public boolean checkInfo(Info info){
if(info.time().equalsIngoreCase("ISO9600"){
//check other
return true;
}
return false;
}

Q: How do a create an instance of right type depending on
TestCaseType.nnn e.g. CREATE --> instance of
Create.
I have my Info stored in testsummary like this: Info info =
(Info) entry.getValue();
I can access the different values Info object.

All comments and hints are much appreciated.

br,

//mike

Robert Klemme

[...]

One way to do it: define a factory interface (or abstract class) which
creates AbstractInfoChecker. Create an enum map for TestCaseType as key
and the factory type as value. Initialize the map with the proper
factory instances (could even be anonymous classes).

Another way to do it: just create a factory method which returns
AbstractInfoChecker; implement it with a switch over TestCaseType.

Yet another way: put the specific logic into enum TestCaseType and use
it from there.

Kind regards

robert