Choosing Tkinter over wxPython...

Kevin Walzer

I've spent some time playing with both, and while wxPython is nice,
Tkinter just seems to fit my head better, and with appropriate selection
of widgets and interface design, seems to yield up perfectly usable GUI's.

Can anyone else who finds Tkinter better for them than wxPython (or the
other toolkits) explain why it works for them?

Eric_Dexter

I've spent some time playing with both, and while wxPython is nice,
Tkinter just seems to fit my head better, and with appropriate selection
of widgets and interface design, seems to yield up perfectly usable GUI's.

Can anyone else who finds Tkinter better for them than wxPython (or the
other toolkits) explain why it works for them?

You have very good documentation and examples of tkinter. .. I use
both though I don't choose..

Eric Brunel

I've spent some time playing with both, and while wxPython is nice,
Tkinter just seems to fit my head better, and with appropriate selection
of widgets and interface design, seems to yield up perfectly usable
GUI's.

Can anyone else who finds Tkinter better for them than wxPython (or the
other toolkits) explain why it works for them?

I am, for more or less the same reasons as you. At the time I started -
which is quite some time ago -, there was also no serious alternative to
Tkinter's Canvas and Text widgets in the other toolkits. This has changed
today, at least for the Text widget. But now, I'm used to Tkinter's way of
doing things and I find working with other toolkits weird...

martin.laloux

me to because of the problem of the new versions of wxpython not
compatible with the old ones (try to run a script done with wxpython
3, 4, 5 even 6 with wxpython 2.8.x). Each time, I must re-examine all
my old scripts. Tkinter, although less beautiful, is more stable