Clearing the cached data adapters...

dimpy

Hi everyone,

I am using some big size data adapters to fill datasets to be sent to a
web service. Now every time i get an error in datatype or constraints
violations while filling the dataset, I make changes to my data
adapters on the form and run the application again.

The problem I am facing is that the changes that I make to the adapter
are reflected in the sql query builder straight away but somehow when I
run the application, the datasets are filled with the old values. I am
very sure that it is not the browser caching issue as I have turned the
page caching off with the following lines of code in the page_load
event.

Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache)
Response.Cache.SetAllowResponseInBrowserHistory(False)

I also tried following lines of code to see if there are any items in
cache but the control doesn't seem to be going in the For...Each. That
means there is nothing in the cache.

Dim objItem As DictionaryEntry
For Each objItem In Cache
Label1.Text += "Key :" & objItem.Key.ToString()
Label1.Text += " Value :" & objItem.Value.ToString()
Label1.Text += "<br>"
Cache.Remove(objItem.Key.ToString())
Next

I guess the problem seems to be with the Visual Studio .Net IDE. It
takes about 2-3 minutes for the changes to the adapters to reflect.

I am using VS .Net 2003 academic edition and SQL server 2000 database.

Can anyone help me out with this ? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Hiral.