CMS advice

John Goodfellow

I'm trying to find a .NET-centric alternative to the Plone CMS package. For
those not familiar, Plone is an open source CMS built on the Zope
application server which is built on Python. I'm the developer, trying to
weasel out of learning the very large and complex Zope system. Criteria
would be:

1. low purchase cost, hundreds instead of thousands
2. geared towards medium-sized intranet development, rather than community
site building
3. good document handling capabilities, some forms facilities
4. at least somewhat open source & extensible using .NET development tools,
preferably VB.NET

I have been crawling the web for days, and found many. Now I am looking for
your personal experiences and favorites .

Thanks.
John G.

Erik Funkenbusch

1. low purchase cost, hundreds instead of thousands
2. geared towards medium-sized intranet development, rather than community
site building
3. good document handling capabilities, some forms facilities
4. at least somewhat open source & extensible using .NET development tools,
preferably VB.NET

DotNetNuke works pretty well, but it is more community oriented. It's got
a pretty good module development model though. It's also one of the most
supported .NET CMS's out there.