colour matcher/chooser/picker/changer prog

Tim W

I want a little application to help me with colour schemes. It should:

identify colours on the screen
convert from web to rgb and copy the values
handle transparency
identify complementary and contrasting colours
allow me to alter saturation and brightness
save groups of colours as colour schemes

It should be free because I am mean and stingy. Does such a thing exist?
atm I am using three or four different applications, a little onscreen
colour picker, an online converter, a colour wheel type thing which is
attached to coffee cup, so I would really like to have a single useful
colour assistant. Does it exist?

Tim W

TK

I want a little application to help me with colour schemes. It should:

identify colours on the screen
convert from web to rgb and copy the values
handle transparency
identify complementary and contrasting colours
allow me to alter saturation and brightness
save groups of colours as colour schemes

It should be free because I am mean and stingy. Does such a thing exist?
atm I am using three or four different applications, a little onscreen
colour picker, an online converter, a colour wheel type thing which is
attached to coffee cup, so I would really like to have a single useful
colour assistant. Does it exist?

Tim W
http://www.msearchcorp.com/Products/ColorPicker/Index.htm will cover
most if not all of that.

Jonathan N. Little

Tim said:
I want a little application to help me with colour schemes. It should:

identify colours on the screen
convert from web to rgb and copy the values
handle transparency
identify complementary and contrasting colours
allow me to alter saturation and brightness
save groups of colours as colour schemes

It should be free because I am mean and stingy. Does such a thing exist?
atm I am using three or four different applications, a little onscreen
colour picker, an online converter, a colour wheel type thing which is
attached to coffee cup, so I would really like to have a single useful
colour assistant. Does it exist?

There are plenty of online "color wheel" apps, but never really saw the
need...never saw the difficultly in primary, secondary, tertiary colors
and analogous, complementary, triadic, quadratic color schemes.

If you want to identify the colors used in a particular webpage, the
Firefox extension Web Developer Bar has a "Display Color Information"
tool that makes a color swatch page with hex color values.