Com object with PHP How to use? Here is the code

JAYO

I've this code:

<?php
$coi = new COM("Coi4ImplP.Coi4");
$empresas = $coi->Inicio("C:\Archivos de programa\ASPEL\ASPEL-COI
4.0");
$hresult=$coi->Empresa("2");
$ruta=$coi->Ruta;
echo "$coi->Ruta<br>";
echo "$coi->Niveles<br>";
echo "$coi->Nombre<br>";
echo "$coi->Tipos<br>";
echo "$coi->Version<br>";
echo date("d/m/Y");//date("Y-m-d");
echo "\n";
echo "$ruta<br>";

print '<pre>\n';
print_r($coi);
print '</pre>\n';
function rcuenta($vale){
echo "hola".$vale;
echo "<br>";
}
?>

<head>
<title>Otro ejemplo relacionando variables php</title>
</head>

<?php echo "$coi->Ruta<br>"; ?>
<?php echo "rcuenta(\"HOLA\")<br>"; ?>
<?php rcuenta("OTRO"); ?>
<?php echo "<br>"; ?>
<input type="text" name="ruta" size="10" value="<?php echo
$ruta;?>">
<input type="button" value="REGISTRA" name="Registra"
onclick="limpia()"><br />

function limpia(){
alert($ruta);

}
</script>

The output:

C:\Coi\Fycampo\HUGO\Datos\
4 3 3 3
FYCAMPO S.A DE C.V
Dr Ig Eg
SERVIDOR COIW4, VERSION 1.0 PARA FYCAMPO, S.A. DE C.V.
19/01/2007 C:\Coi\Fycampo\HUGO\Datos\

\ncom Object

\n C:\Coi\Fycampo\HUGO\Datos\
rcuenta("HOLA")
holaOTRO

in the input box is the variable $ruta, that's OK, but when I press the
button 'REGISTRA' the page gets an error.
How can I get in a javascript function a Com variable like this?

Thank you in advance.

VK

JAYO said:
I've this code:
<snip>

These are PHP server-side processing instructions, they are irrelevant
to the problem (if this is a JavaScript and not a PHP problem).
Following these instructions PHP processor creates ready-to-use HTML
source text and sends it to browser for parsing and display. I need
_that_ HTML source text in order to help you. The most simple way would
be to open the problematic page in any browser, choose View > Page
Source (or equivalent), copy all and paste it in your next post. Then
we can move further.

Vince Morgan

<input type="text" name="ruta" size="10" value="<?php echo
$ruta;?>">
<input type="button" value="REGISTRA" name="Registra"
onclick="limpia()"><br />

function limpia(){
alert($ruta);

}
</script>

What you are passing to the "limpia()" function is a string, nothing more.
Whatever meaning it may have on your server is lost on the client machine as
it knows nothing about what you trying to do. If it were the actual name of
a COM object you know should exist on the client machines then you would
first need to create an instance of that object at the client end before you
do anything with it.
I.e.
var obj = new (the $ruta string);

HTH