Compare validator problem in user control

David Hearn

I have a user control that I created that I use in one page right now. It
has a textbox in it that is used to enter a date. I am using a compare
validator to validate the date format which works fine if you enter a date
and then use the tab key to leave the control. The problem is that it should
also be firing if the date is not correctly formatted when the user clicks
on a button that is in the parent page. The button has the CausesValidation
property set as true but I cannot get the validator to fire. I know it has
something to do with the fact that it is in a user control but I can't
figure out what? Is there a way to force the thing to validate?

Thanks in advance!