Compiling nonexistent cvsignore file

Guest

Can you  help me, can you pass me onto someone who can?

Whilst compiling:
rpmbuild --rebuild python2.3-2.3.4-2pydotorg.src.rpm
I got an error:
RPM build errors:
    user jafo does not exist - using root
    group jafo does not exist - using root
    user jafo does not exist - using root
    group jafo does not exist - using root
    user jafo does not exist - using root
    group jafo does not exist - using root
File not found:
/var/tmp/python2.3-2.3.4-root/usr/lib/python2.3/Tools/freeze/.cvsignore

I'm not to concerned about the user and group errors (should I be?), but I am
with the cvsignore file not found. Should I just head on over to the cvs, and
grab myself a cutting edge version of the Python src RPM? Or what .. ? Does
anyone have the links to where these solutions may be, please?

Peter Hansen

Can you help me, can you pass me onto someone who can?

Whilst compiling:
rpmbuild --rebuild python2.3-2.3.4-2pydotorg.src.rpm
I got an error:
RPM build errors:
user jafo does not exist - using root
group jafo does not exist - using root
user jafo does not exist - using root
group jafo does not exist - using root
user jafo does not exist - using root
group jafo does not exist - using root
File not found:
/var/tmp/python2.3-2.3.4-root/usr/lib/python2.3/Tools/freeze/.cvsignore

I'm not to concerned about the user and group errors (should I be?), but I am
with the cvsignore file not found. Should I just head on over to the cvs, and
grab myself a cutting edge version of the Python src RPM? Or what .. ? Does
anyone have the links to where these solutions may be, please?

Wouldn't "echo >.cvsignore" be adequate? Or perhaps something like
"echo "*.pyc">.cvsignore" would be better.

It's an irrelevant file unless (a) you are using CVS, and (b) you
particularly care to have certain files ignored by CVS.