Compiling ruby with readline

Ralf Müller

Hi,
I'd like to compile ruby with libreadline, which is under /lib.
Removing the '#' befor the 'readline' statement in ext/Setup doen not
lead to any compilation. It just skips the readline directory.

I compiled readline on my own and installed it under $HEOM/local/lib and
then did an ./configure --with-search-path=$HOME/local/lib . Same
result: no compilation of readline.

Any hints?

THANKS
ralf (-,-)..zZ

Ralf Müller

Ralf said:
Hi,
I'd like to compile ruby with libreadline, which is under /lib.
Removing the '#' befor the 'readline' statement in ext/Setup doen not
lead to any compilation. It just skips the readline directory.

I compiled readline on my own and installed it under $HEOM/local/lib and
then did an ./configure --with-search-path=$HOME/local/lib . Same
result: no compilation of readline.

Any hints?

THANKS
ralf (-,-)..zZ

with '--with-readline-dir=$HOME/local' everything works

sorry the entropy