computing limit of basic data types ?

Lionel B

sandSpiderX said:
Hey all,,

I stil feel too deep inside the problem,
the soultions presented are elegant but not professional.

Infact most usage of header file global constants makes me feel sick
with C++.
Are we just bound by header constants.

What about using runtime code usage to generate the range.

Now *that's* what I'd call unprofessional. Personally I would sack on the spot a programmer who insisted on implementing
their own routines for calculating these constants ;-)

So by all means go ahead, but be warned that there may be many artchitecture/OS/compiler-dependent gotchas along that
route. There is a danger of making all kinds of unwarranted assumptions about storage/representation of types. Luckily,
however, the designers of the language and compiler writers have most thoughtfully solved all those problems for you and