Convert ftp.GetRequestStream() into Byte[]

MDB

Hello all, I have a site where users upload photos to their database, to do
this, I am using the built in FileUpload Control. My problem is that my
users are complaining that it is taking too long to upload photos so I
thought I would use the FtpWebRequest and upload the images through FTP
rather than the fileupload. Uploading images is fine however, I can not
figure out how to convert the uploaded "Stream" into a memory stream or
byte. Can anyone please help or does anyone have any suggestions on how to
speed up the file upload? It appears that they are uploading 2mb files.
Once I get the file, I resize it to a managable size however they do not do
this before they try uploading.

TIA