convert Vbscript to Perl code

Boris Skoblo

Hi All,

please help me convert following VBscript code to Perl code
strLDAP = "LDAP://CN=test,OU=users,DC=tech,DC=com"
set usr = GetObject(strLDAP)

Wscript.echo usr.TerminalServicesWorkDirectory
Wscript.echo usr.TerminalServicesInitialProgram

usr.TerminalServicesInitialProgram= "cmd.exe"
usr.TerminalServicesWorkDirectory= "D:\path"

usr.SetInfo

WScript.echo usr.TerminalServicesInitialProgram
Wscript.echo usr.TerminalServicesWorkDirectory

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Henry Law

Boris said:
Hi All,

please help me convert following VBscript code to Perl code
strLDAP = "LDAP://CN=test,OU=users,DC=tech,DC=com"

Boris, the people who hang out here do so because they know Perl. The
chances of finding one who knows VB-thing are very small. The chances
of finding one of those who is also prepared to do your work for you
from scratch is even smaller ... approaching zero.

Hint: have a go at getting some of this into Perl. Post with your
difficulties and people will be much more willing to help. Oh, and if
you're posting VB then make sure you tell us what it does.

Posting guidelines appear here very regularly; Google for them if you
need to. They are useful; my advice would be to follow them for your

Tad McClellan

Boris Skoblo said:
please help me convert following VBscript code to Perl code
^^^^^^^

[snip VB code ]

Can anyone help?

Sure! What part are you stuck on?

Can anyone write it for you? No, only some people can write it for you.

Will anyone write it for you? Probably not.

Show us the Perl code you have so far, we cannot "help" with your
Perl code if you do not show us your Perl code.

Vronans

Tad said:
Boris Skoblo said:
please help me convert following VBscript code to Perl code
^^^^^^^

[snip VB code ]

Can anyone help?

Sure! What part are you stuck on?

Your assuming he tried already, when it seems clear that he doesnt know
where to start, but I think you knew that but had to be 'witty' any how.
Can anyone write it for you? No, only some people can write it for
^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Why do you ask if 'anyone can', answer 'No', then say 'some people can'
? Self contractiction if I ever saw one, or purposely messing with
someone who is just seeking help. But I guess you deservse to smack
people silly because you otherwise help, right?
Will anyone write it for you? Probably not.

Show us the Perl code you have so far, we cannot "help" with your
Perl code if you do not show us your Perl code.

He didnt post any code, and you knew that, so why are you kicking this
guy around in the dirt? Maybe if you didnt waste time thinking up half
wit replies to new people youre writing would make more sense and you
wouldnt look like a pompus ass school yard bully, mate.

My $0.02, canadian

Uri Guttman

V> Tad McClellan wrote:

V> Your assuming he tried already, when it seems clear that he doesnt know
V> where to start, but I think you knew that but had to be 'witty' any how.

V> Why do you ask if 'anyone can', answer 'No', then say 'some people can'
V> ? Self contractiction if I ever saw one, or purposely messing with
V> someone who is just seeking help. But I guess you deservse to smack
V> people silly because you otherwise help, right?

V> He didnt post any code, and you knew that, so why are you kicking this
V> guy around in the dirt? Maybe if you didnt waste time thinking up half
V> wit replies to new people youre writing would make more sense and you
V> wouldnt look like a pompus ass school yard bully, mate.

and my bitch is about jerks like you who bitch about how others actually
help people but who don't do any helping themselves. until you have
participated here for some time and with acceptable answers, i would
advise you not to give any advice on how things work here.

and calling someone a bully is bullying too. so get off your own
anonymous (the worst kind of complainer) high horse and try to answer
questions yourself in the most polite way you can. this challenge has
been asked of everyone who ever bitches about how the guidelines are
enforced and not one has ever even started to do anything let alone
succeed. given your initial tone, i have no doubts you will fall into
that pile of talkers with no action.

have a nice perl day,

uri

Vronans

Uri said:
and my bitch is about jerks like you who bitch about how others
actually help people but who don't do any helping themselves. until
you have participated here for some time and with acceptable answers,
i would advise you not to give any advice on how things work here.

Amazing how one sided you are. You bitch about ho I bitched but it's
perfectly ok for Tad and other to do so to others. He did not offer help
here, and in fact, the amount of posts in which he actually helps seems
to be actually dropping, but with pundants like yourself support every
move he makes, no matter how wrong it is, things in this group will
never improve. I have participated in this and many groups in the past,
but I tend to find information on my own.
and calling someone a bully is bullying too. so get off your own
anonymous (the worst kind of complainer) high horse

Wrong again. Pointing out someone is being a bully is not bullying in
itself, but rather pointing someting out. If you'd stop and look at how
he needlessly brates people, instead of giving him complete immunity, we
might get somewhere.
and try to answer questions yourself in the most polite way you can.

The point is, why cant _HE_ do that? Or again, he is just free to
respond however he wishes and its perfect ok for him to do so, right?
this challenge has
been asked of everyone who ever bitches about how the guidelines are
enforced and not one has ever even started to do anything let alone
succeed. given your initial tone, i have no doubts you will fall into
that pile of talkers with no action.

No, the problem is people like you who continue to send people like him
the message that its ok to berate and humiliate people rather than to be
polite and informative. Google-Groups has all of his uneeded replies if
you actually bothered to look for your self.

Stop pretending that people like Tad should be completely immune to the
very things you preach, and maybe you wont sound like such a bloody
hypocrit.

Uri Guttman

V> Amazing how one sided you are. You bitch about ho I bitched but it's
V> perfectly ok for Tad and other to do so to others. He did not offer help
V> here, and in fact, the amount of posts in which he actually helps seems
V> to be actually dropping, but with pundants like yourself support every
V> move he makes, no matter how wrong it is, things in this group will
V> never improve. I have participated in this and many groups in the past,
V> but I tend to find information on my own.

i am waiting for any help from you on any topic posted here. tad (and i)
have been doing it for years. next topic.

V> Wrong again. Pointing out someone is being a bully is not bullying in
V> itself, but rather pointing someting out. If you'd stop and look at how
V> he needlessly brates people, instead of giving him complete immunity, we
V> might get somewhere.

no, you did it in a bullying way with asinine comments and the typical
outsider attitude of 'you suck but i won't/can't help'. next topic.

V> The point is, why cant _HE_ do that? Or again, he is just free to
V> respond however he wishes and its perfect ok for him to do so, right?

he does answer all the time. the OP didn't provide anything useful and
was told that. that is useful to the OP. you are not useful to this
group. next topic.

V> No, the problem is people like you who continue to send people like him
V> the message that its ok to berate and humiliate people rather than to be
V> polite and informative. Google-Groups has all of his uneeded replies if
V> you actually bothered to look for your self.

no, people like you who never help have no right to complain about those
who help. that is the law of usenet. you lose. next topic.

V> Stop pretending that people like Tad should be completely immune to the
V> very things you preach, and maybe you wont sound like such a bloody
V> hypocrit.

hypocrisy is in the mouth of those who don't help. please to be going
elsewhere to babble as i am done with you. google will archive this for
future historians and i am sure tad and i will look better than you as
we help with perl questions.

uri

Vronans

Uri said:
i am waiting for any help from you on any topic posted here. tad (and
i) have been doing it for years. next topic.

but the point is, how does any amount of help given justify dragging
someone through the dirt? Dont even try to tell me that doesn't happen
either.
no, you did it in a bullying way with asinine comments and the typical
outsider attitude of 'you suck but i won't/can't help'. next topic.

Again, hypocritical response. Why is it ok for Tad, among other, to do
it? That is the point. Stop dancing around the bush.
he does answer all the time. the OP didn't provide anything useful and
was told that. that is useful to the OP. you are not useful to this
group. next topic.

So why did Tad need to respond at all? Why are you defending him, while
at the same thing castizing me, when both our posts contributed nothing
useful to the OP? Stop using double standards.
are >> enforced and not one has ever even started to do anything let
alone >> succeed. given your initial tone, i have no doubts you will
fall into >> that pile of talkers with no action.

no, people like you who never help have no right to complain about
those who help. that is the law of usenet. you lose. next topic.

How do you know I've never helped? Why are you using flake arguements to
dance away from the point? Why is it Tad can make all the useless posts
he wants and it's -perfectly-OK- ?
hypocrisy is in the mouth of those who don't help. please to be going
elsewhere to babble as i am done with you. google will archive this
for future historians and i am sure tad and i will look better than
you as we help with perl questions.

Again you argument purely based on assumptions you make of me. And the
fact of matter google shows everyone one of his useless posts, like his
reply to OP here, and yes, historians will judge him and blind followers
like your self themselves.

Just because someone helps doesn't give them the right to be an ass.
Just because someone doesnt participate, doesn't mean they cant voice a
comment. Only a communistic-type mind-set might feel otherwise.

Uri Guttman

V> but the point is, how does any amount of help given justify dragging
V> someone through the dirt? Dont even try to tell me that doesn't happen
V> either.

give it up. you don't help, you have no rights to comment. end of
discussion.

V> Again, hypocritical response. Why is it ok for Tad, among other, to do
V> it? That is the point. Stop dancing around the bush.

give it up. you don't help, you have no rights to comment. end of
discussion.

V> So why did Tad need to respond at all? Why are you defending him, while
V> at the same thing castizing me, when both our posts contributed nothing
V> useful to the OP? Stop using double standards.

give it up. you don't help, you have no rights to comment. end of
discussion.

V> How do you know I've never helped? Why are you using flake arguements to
V> dance away from the point? Why is it Tad can make all the useless posts
V> he wants and it's -perfectly-OK- ?

because your name is not familiar and almost of the regular helpers
are. simple.

so give it up already and go away. you are not helping with perl and not
helping with anything about this group.

btw, tad is the primary author (with plenty of group feedback) of this
group's guidelines which are published regularly. i suggest you read
them. and then you can shut up.

V> Again you argument purely based on assumptions you make of me. And the
V> fact of matter google shows everyone one of his useless posts, like his
V> reply to OP here, and yes, historians will judge him and blind followers
V> like your self themselves.

no assumptions. you have not mentioned perl once in this thread. guilty
as charged!!

V> Just because someone helps doesn't give them the right to be an ass.
V> Just because someone doesnt participate, doesn't mean they cant voice a
V> comment. Only a communistic-type mind-set might feel otherwise.

nope. no helping means no commenting on how others help. you
lose. BZZZZZTTT. next contestant please!

BTW you are being mocked and you are even more foolish for attempting to
keep this going. i won't let go until you shut up and leave. keep
proving how foolish you are by continuing. your choice.

or you can actually make some comments about perl for a change. i doubt
that will happen. prove me wrong. i triple dog dare ya!!

have a nice perl day,

uri

gf

Boris said:
Hi All,

please help me convert following VBscript code to Perl code
strLDAP = "LDAP://CN=test,OU=users,DC=tech,DC=com"
set usr = GetObject(strLDAP)

Wscript.echo usr.TerminalServicesWorkDirectory
Wscript.echo usr.TerminalServicesInitialProgram

usr.TerminalServicesInitialProgram= "cmd.exe"
usr.TerminalServicesWorkDirectory= "D:\path"

usr.SetInfo

WScript.echo usr.TerminalServicesInitialProgram
Wscript.echo usr.TerminalServicesWorkDirectory

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Hi Boris,

What you're asking is not a trivial thing. As mentioned above, you need
to show what you've tried and what did or did not work. From my
experience doing VBScript to Perl code conversions it looks like what
you posted are some extracted lines from some existing code that is
handling some remove session login. But, those lines don't show how the
original VBScripter handled the issues between the lines you included
and without those we can't put together very usable responses for you.

Translating from one language to another is not a trivial task; To do
it well requires good knowledge of the languages, plus of the hardware
and/or OS and the tasks being accomplished. VBScript is (to my mind) a
lot higher level language than Perl, and VBScript is tightly coupled to
the WIndows OS and Microsoft apps.

To get you started on the right path toward YOU coding a solution,
you'll want to install a copy of ActiveState's PERL, then start reading
through the docs for their flavor of Perl. ActiveState includes a lot
of Windows/DOS only extensions to tie together Perl and the Windows OS
- things you won't find in the standard Perl distribution - so you'll
want to know about those as they'll save you a lot of
wheel-reinvention. Get "Programming Perl" and maybe a book for Perl on
Windows or maybe the Perl for Windows admins book.

Then you'll want to get all the docs for VBScript or at least one
really good VBScript book, and learn it as VBScript is (kind of) an
object-oriented language, where Perl can be procedural or OO (kind of).

Then show some more complete examples of what you've tried and what
didn't work.

Wayne M. Poe

Uri said:
give it up. you don't help, you have no rights to comment. end of
discussion.

I don't spend much time in -this- forum, but who the hell are you to
tell me I cannot comment? You are nto a moderator, do please don't quit
your day job.

because your name is not familiar and almost of the regular helpers
are. simple.

HOW does this give them the right to voilate the very rules you preach
to me?
so give it up already and go away. you are not helping with perl and
not helping with anything about this group.

Neither are you it seems. you seem to just want to keep on with your
clouded view of people like yourself are completely immune fro mthe
guidelines you hold so high.
btw, tad is the primary author (with plenty of group feedback) of this
group's guidelines which are published regularly. i suggest you read
them. and then you can shut up.

I dont care if hes the Queen of England, NO ONE has the right to just
berate people the way he does. I have read the guidelines, as I do for
any ng or forum I visit and I'm still puzzeled why hes allowed to
frequently voilate his -own- rules. Should that not reflect on him?
no assumptions. you have not mentioned perl once in this thread.
guilty as charged!!

Neither have you, but I forgot, it's ok for you and your aligned to go
against what ever you preach.
nope. no helping means no commenting on how others help. you
lose. BZZZZZTTT. next contestant please!

Funny how you like to self proclaim your self as a game shwo host when
we are supposed to be same level discussing. Just shows oddles about
whats wrong with your general view of things, imho.
BTW you are being mocked and you are even more foolish for attempting
to keep this going. i won't let go until you shut up and leave. keep
proving how foolish you are by continuing. your choice.

Unlike you for continually preaching rule and regulations and then
reminding how you and others are free to break them whenever you damn
please. Yes, I'm the one who appears foolish...
or you can actually make some comments about perl for a change. i
doubt that will happen. prove me wrong. i triple dog dare ya!!

But you dont have to, right? As for Perl, I make use of it quit a bit my
every day programming needs, at work and at home.

22486520646F6573206E6F742062656C696576652077686F20646F6573206E6F74206C697665206163636F7264696E6720746F206869732062656C6965662E22

RedGrittyBrick

Vronans said:
Tad said:
Boris Skoblo said:
please help me convert following VBscript code to Perl code [snip VB code ]
Can anyone help?

Sure! What part are you stuck on?

Your assuming he tried already, when it seems clear that he doesnt know
where to start, but I think you knew that but had to be 'witty' any how.

Tad is pointing out that if you want help with Perl, it is a good idea
to make an attempt and post your code. The Posting Guidelines which are
posted to this newsgroup twice a week also make this point.
^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Why do you ask if 'anyone can', answer 'No',

Tad's sentence means "When you wrote 'can anyone help?', did you mean
'can anyone write it for me?' if so, the answer is no."
then say 'some people can'? Self contractiction if I ever saw one,

Not really, "anyone" can mean *all* people. Consider the phrase "can
anyone convert VB to Perl or are some special skills or knowledge
required?" Clearly only someone with some knowledge of both VB and Perl
can translate the OP's VB to Perl. There are *some* people who can do
this but not *anyone* can do it.

I think Tad is being a bit picky, but I suspect anyone spending years
answering such questions (as Tad has) is likely to become a bit
irritated by what appears to be laziness.

He didnt post any code, and you knew that,

Tad asked him to post what he hadn't posted so far. Only the OP knows
whether he has already made an attempt at writing a Perl equivalent of
the VB.

so why are you kicking this guy around in the dirt?

Tad's request is a reasonable one. I don't feel it equates to being
kicked in the dirt. After all this is primarily a newsgroup for helping
Perl programmers (including learners), not a newsgroup for getting
complete programs written by other people.

Uri Guttman

WMP> I don't spend much time in -this- forum, but who the hell are you to
WMP> tell me I cannot comment? You are nto a moderator, do please don't quit
WMP> your day job.

i have 5 day jobs and i can't quit any of them. all involve coding perl
for high wages. your turn.

WMP> HOW does this give them the right to voilate the very rules you preach
WMP> to me?

what are you babbling about?

WMP> Neither are you it seems. you seem to just want to keep on with your
WMP> clouded view of people like yourself are completely immune fro mthe
WMP> guidelines you hold so high.

hmm, i seem to recall writing about perl here almost every day. your turn.

WMP> I dont care if hes the Queen of England, NO ONE has the right to just
WMP> berate people the way he does. I have read the guidelines, as I do for
WMP> any ng or forum I visit and I'm still puzzeled why hes allowed to
WMP> frequently voilate his -own- rules. Should that not reflect on him?

who? don't use dangling pronouns. didn't your third grade english
teacher learn you that?

WMP> Neither have you, but I forgot, it's ok for you and your aligned to go
WMP> against what ever you preach.

hmm, check google please. not only do i help here, i give talks to my
local pm, at yapc, at oscon (here and across the pond), publish perl
articles, publish popular perl modules on cpan and i also am writing a
module to stop global warming. your turn!

WMP> Funny how you like to self proclaim your self as a game shwo host when
WMP> we are supposed to be same level discussing. Just shows oddles about
WMP> whats wrong with your general view of things, imho.

that is an incorrect answer. the correct answer is that i help people
(like you!) with perl issues. i don't charge for it here. yous gets
whats youse pays for. and i pays a lot!

WMP> Unlike you for continually preaching rule and regulations and then
WMP> reminding how you and others are free to break them whenever you damn
WMP> please. Yes, I'm the one who appears foolish...

what rules have i violated? please quote the guidelines which i have
broken. have you read the guidelines? i ask specific perl questions of
posters in order to help them. so did tad. those are part of teaching
perl. your turn!

WMP> But you dont have to, right? As for Perl, I make use of it quit a bit my
WMP> every day programming needs, at work and at home.

wow. i never use perl for my baking or cooking.

please don't try to defend vronans. you will look as foolish as he does.

uri

Thrill5

Uri Guttman said:
WMP> I don't spend much time in -this- forum, but who the hell are you to
WMP> tell me I cannot comment? You are nto a moderator, do please don't
quit
WMP> your day job.

i have 5 day jobs and i can't quit any of them. all involve coding perl
for high wages. your turn.

WMP> HOW does this give them the right to voilate the very rules you
preach
WMP> to me?

what are you babbling about?

WMP> Neither are you it seems. you seem to just want to keep on with your
WMP> clouded view of people like yourself are completely immune fro mthe
WMP> guidelines you hold so high.

hmm, i seem to recall writing about perl here almost every day. your turn.

WMP> I dont care if hes the Queen of England, NO ONE has the right to
just
WMP> berate people the way he does. I have read the guidelines, as I do
for
WMP> any ng or forum I visit and I'm still puzzeled why hes allowed to
WMP> frequently voilate his -own- rules. Should that not reflect on him?

who? don't use dangling pronouns. didn't your third grade english
teacher learn you that?

WMP> Neither have you, but I forgot, it's ok for you and your aligned to
go
WMP> against what ever you preach.

hmm, check google please. not only do i help here, i give talks to my
local pm, at yapc, at oscon (here and across the pond), publish perl
articles, publish popular perl modules on cpan and i also am writing a
module to stop global warming. your turn!

WMP> Funny how you like to self proclaim your self as a game shwo host
when
WMP> we are supposed to be same level discussing. Just shows oddles about
WMP> whats wrong with your general view of things, imho.

that is an incorrect answer. the correct answer is that i help people
(like you!) with perl issues. i don't charge for it here. yous gets
whats youse pays for. and i pays a lot!

WMP> Unlike you for continually preaching rule and regulations and then
WMP> reminding how you and others are free to break them whenever you
damn
WMP> please. Yes, I'm the one who appears foolish...

what rules have i violated? please quote the guidelines which i have
broken. have you read the guidelines? i ask specific perl questions of
posters in order to help them. so did tad. those are part of teaching
perl. your turn!

WMP> But you dont have to, right? As for Perl, I make use of it quit a
bit my
WMP> every day programming needs, at work and at home.

wow. i never use perl for my baking or cooking.

please don't try to defend vronans. you will look as foolish as he does.

uri
Not as foolish as you have made yourself out to be.

Scott

Uri Guttman

T> Not as foolish as you have made yourself out to be.

T> Scott

the big difference is that i was doing it on purpose to make a point. he
(and you) can't seem to help it. and do you help with perl here? if not,
please take the same advice as i gave before. you don't help, you have
no right to comment on how others help. i will await your perl help.

uri

Charlton Wilbur

SP> It's also important to realize that this isn't just a power
SP> trip, or rules for their own sake. Once you've been
SP> programming for long enough, you learn that the very process
SP> of trimming down a question as suggested in the group
SP> guidelines quite often leads directly to the answer itself.

Indeed; I have a stuffed toy tiger that I explain Objective-C
programming problems to, and the act of explaining them solves them
most of the time. I don't see why the same tactic wouldn't work in
Perl, except that I rarely have Perl problems that require deep
thought. Domain problems that need to be expressed in Perl, yes....

I expect the tiger will go on strike when 10.5 is released.

Charlton

tony.p

Uri said:
give it up. you don't help, you have no rights to comment. end of
discussion.

What is this stalin-istic move of supression? Who the in the blue sam
hell made you the god of UseNet, to be able to decide who can and who
cannot make comments? FYI, UseNet is entire based on the concept of
posting and being commenting on said posts.
give it up. you don't help, you have no rights to comment. end of
discussion.

This coming from someone who has take it upon himself determine who can
and cannot reply to posts....

If you weren't so busy defending those who think that just because they
sometimes help that this gives them the right to vent their frustrations
on anyone they choose, you might actually have a foot to stand on.

The reply by Tad to the OP is what sparked this sub thread, and it seems
plainly obvious to me that he was being purposely sarcastic, and I don't
know how you can call that useful to the OP. Why can't people like you
just admit that posts like that just aren't constructive use of one's
time and if one can't post something useful why post at all.

Not like I expect you to actually point out a potential flaw in one of
your colleagues, my we can't have that can we. No, we have to regard
them as celebrities who can do what ever they want.

BTW you are being mocked and you are even more foolish for attempting
to keep this going. i won't let go until you shut up and leave. keep
proving how foolish you are by continuing. your choice.

You're going to have your work cut out for you then.
have a nice perl day,

uri

Grow up. Let me know when you've figured out you have a brain of your
own and that it doesn't belong in that dark place down below.

Uri Guttman

tp> What is this stalin-istic move of supression? Who the in the blue sam
tp> hell made you the god of UseNet, to be able to decide who can and who
tp> cannot make comments? FYI, UseNet is entire based on the concept of
tp> posting and being commenting on said posts.

i made myself the lord of this group. i have all the power to make your
code into python! i fart on your codebase. may your children become
cobol programmers!!

tp> This coming from someone who has take it upon himself determine who can
tp> and cannot reply to posts....

no. i make fun of them. and you. and your perl question is?

tp> If you weren't so busy defending those who think that just because they
tp> sometimes help that this gives them the right to vent their frustrations
tp> on anyone they choose, you might actually have a foot to stand on.

nah. this is a group about perl. so flamers who flame about how things
are run and who don't help with perl have no standing. old usenet rules
which all should know or they will be damned into the hell of bill
gates!

tp> The reply by Tad to the OP is what sparked this sub thread, and it seems
tp> plainly obvious to me that he was being purposely sarcastic, and I don't
tp> know how you can call that useful to the OP. Why can't people like you
tp> just admit that posts like that just aren't constructive use of one's
tp> time and if one can't post something useful why post at all.

ok, your turn to answer poorly formed questions with no code or any
semblence of work being done. do it for a few years write guidelines to
help those help themselves. watch as too many never heed them. keep
going at it while keeping a massivly cheerful disposition. when you have
achieved that grasshopper we will grant you the power over this
newsgroup. until then, the door it over there ----------->

tp> Not like I expect you to actually point out a potential flaw in one of
tp> your colleagues, my we can't have that can we. No, we have to regard
tp> them as celebrities who can do what ever they want.

sure. we are celebrities. yes. watch me walk down the red carpet of
usenet. i love papparazis!! just shoot me!!!! (now)

tp> <snip blind-sheep drivel>

oh you know sheep well. i wonder why.

tp> You're going to have your work cut out for you then.

join the fools. oops, you already did. what is your serial number?

tp> Grow up. Let me know when you've figured out you have a brain of your
tp> own and that it doesn't belong in that dark place down below.

oooh, i am so scared. please google for the alaskan electrician. you
have no wattage compared to him. i only need tissue paper thin
insulation to protect myself from your electromagnetic onslaught.

now, when you have you helped with a perl question? show some google
hits please.

next contestant!! i will take on all /f?lamers/ in a no holds barred
perl rasslin' match. watch as i clobber the losers to such a pulp that i
can use file::slurp to drink their guts up a thin straw. watch them spin
around as file::readbackwards upsets their sense of orientation. see
them boggle as they try to master the simplicity and power of
template::simple. MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

and i also wish you a happy perl day!

uri