Converting java.util.Date to java.sql.Date

Discussion in 'Java' started by mail4sushovan, Sep 9, 2006.

  1. Hello Friends
    In my program i am using the following codes:

    Date today = new Date();
    log.debug("today is"+today);
    SimpleDateFormat fmt = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-mm-dd");
    String todayStr = fmt.format(today);
    log.debug("todayStr value"+todayStr);
    java.sql.Date dt = java.sql.Date.valueOf(new String(todayStr));
    log.debug("current Dt is:"+dt);

    The output iam getting is like this:
    today is Sat Sep 09 19:20:13 IST 2006(from java.util.Date)
    todayStr value 2006-20-09(from string value)
    current Dt is: 2007-08-09(from java.sql.Date)

    So how to avoid this.Please help me
    Thank You in advance
    sushovan

    mail4sushovan, Sep 9, 2006

  2. java.util.Date today = new java.util.Date();
    long t = today.getTime();
    java.sql.Date dt = new java.sql.Date(t);

    See also the API doc of java.sql.Date, especially its constructor.

    Thomas Fritsch, Sep 9, 2006

  3. As shown by Thomas there is an easier and better way to get an
    java.sql.Date from java.util.Date.

    In your code example you used the wrong date format: 'mm' stands for the
    minutes of the time part, 'MM' is the format for the month of the date.

    Frank Langelage, Sep 9, 2006
  4. mail4sushovan

    Hesham

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have small problem in program
    how to convert
    java.sql.Date date = new java.sql.Date(today.getTime());
    to Normal String
    any one help me pls in this problem

    Hesham, Dec 9, 2008
  5. mail4sushovan

    thhui

    Joined:
    May 4, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    String datestr001 = (new java.sql.Date(today.getTime())).toString();

    The corrected one should be:-

    Date today = new Date();
    log.debug("today is"+today);
    SimpleDateFormat fmt = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd");
    String todayStr = fmt.format(today);
    log.debug("todayStr value"+todayStr);
    java.sql.Date dt = java.sql.Date.valueOf(new String(todayStr));
    log.debug("current Dt is:"+dt);

    The output is:-
    todayStr=dt

    thhui, May 4, 2011
  6. mail4sushovan

    vongeuca

    Joined:
    May 4, 2011
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    california
    Hi everyone, I newbie and I very happy join in forum.[​IMG]
    I hope can be friends with you all members, Thanks.
    I like it this thread.

    vongeuca, May 4, 2011