css "div" bottom of window or bottom of content.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Dan, Oct 6, 2003.

  1. Dan

    Dan Guest

    check this out in 1024x768..

    here is what i want to have happen (under any resolution.. trying to make
    this a fluid site)...

    the bottom nav bar.. (all contained within a div).. should be either at the
    bottom of the browser window, or at the bottom of the content, which ever is

    meaning.. say i don't put any content in. just one line of content.. that
    nav bar should be at the bottom of the page. But say i put a ton of content
    in.. the bottom nav bar should be at the bottom of the content...

    how do i do this.. it seems i can get it to do one or the other.. but now

    I can do the following to get it always at the bottom:
    bottom: 0px

    but if i have a lot of content, the content will go under that, and end up
    being UNDER the nav.

    I can just give it no position, and the div is place in normal position
    after the content. But if there is not much content, i'll end up with the
    nav bar in the middle of the page!!

    I used to be able to do the same thing with tables like this:

    <Table height="100%">

    HOw do i get the same in positions 3 divs on a page? Do i need to create a
    4th div to contain these 3 divs?

    Dan Foley
    Principal Partner - Director of Information Technology
    Mica Media - Web Design/Development - Print - CD-ROM - Audio/Video
    Dan, Oct 6, 2003

  2. Dan

    Apr 4, 2008
    Likes Received:
    Does nobody have an answer for this? This seems like a basic task or css requirement but I haven't been able to find any kind of solution for this problem. Hours if not days have been spent searching.
    ainigma, Apr 4, 2008