css positioning question

Sid Ismail

: Richard wrote:
: > ...
: > Tables will get shelved entirely and you'll never use another one.

Not true! Just as driving licences will never disappear...

Sid

Daniel Ruscoe

Hmmm... does anyone view at a resolution wider than 1500?

I can have up to 1600 x 1200 if I want, but it's not very likely I'd be
viewing in full screen.

Leslie

Once you get used to the coding of css, you'll wonder how you managed
without it.
Tables will get shelved entirely and you'll never use another one.

Now that I'm getting more and more comfortable with the coding of css
I'm more and more happy with the results I'm getting. I will never
ever build a new page using tables as layout. I still use tables for
display of data, but for layout it's css all the way.

For anyone who may still be reluctant to learn css I encourage you to
dive right in. It REALLY is more simple and once you get the hang of
it it really is easier.

Leslie

Fredo Vincentis

Leslie said:
Now that I'm getting more and more comfortable with the coding of css
I'm more and more happy with the results I'm getting. I will never
ever build a new page using tables as layout. I still use tables for
display of data, but for layout it's css all the way.

For anyone who may still be reluctant to learn css I encourage you to
dive right in. It REALLY is more simple and once you get the hang of
it it really is easier.

I am slowly getting into it as well, but the one thing I still find harder
in css to do than in tables is working with % settings. Centering a layout
horizontally in the body, for example, seems to take a cloody lot of css
settings. The same if I want to align something to the bottom the the
window. No problem using height=100% of a table, but try doing it with css
and there seem to be a hell of a lot of different hacks for all kinds of
browsers to get it going.

I will continue trying it anyway.