Data is not getting exported to Excel from Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Rocky545, May 19, 2009.

  1. Rocky545

    Rocky545 Guest

    Hi ,

    My issue is ,

    I have an ASP application on a Windows NT Box,(Holding IIS4.0),Our
    application is running fine and whenever we select the export to excel on a
    webpage

    which will display some tabular data,data is getting exported to excel
    successfully

    Recently we migrated this server from Windows NT to Windows Server 2003 ,so
    IIS is also upgraded from 4.0 to 6.0.Now this option is not working .

    It is prompting for the username and Password and after entering the
    correct username and password ,its displaying Externaldata_1 in the A1 cell
    of an excel

    sheet.After that ,if we right click on that cell and select Refresh Data,the
    data is getting correctly into the excel sheet

    Excel is not installed on the IIS Server ,However its located on all the
    other end user systems and we are using IE6/7 to export the data.Previously
    when we are running IIS 4.0 also,excel is not installed on that server

    Export to excel option is also enabled in the
    Registry(HKCU\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\MenuExt\E&porttoExcel
    ->Dword is set to 00000001)

    So My question is What settings we need to change such that it should not
    prompt for username and password and data should be exported directly to Excel

    Your help is greatly appreciated

    Regards
    VenuGopal

    Rocky545, May 19, 2009

  2. Rocky545

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9ja3k1NDU=?= wrote on 19 mei 2009 in

    > I have an ASP application on a Windows NT Box,(Holding IIS4.0),Our
    > application is running fine and whenever we select the export to excel
    > on a webpage
    >
    > which will display some tabular data,data is getting exported to
    > excel successfully
    >
    > Recently we migrated this server from Windows NT to Windows Server
    > 2003 ,so IIS is also upgraded from 4.0 to 6.0.Now this option is not
    > working .
    >
    > It is prompting for the username and Password and after entering the
    > correct username and password ,its displaying Externaldata_1 in the A1
    > cell of an excel
    >
    > sheet.After that ,if we right click on that cell and select Refresh
    > Data,the data is getting correctly into the excel sheet
    >
    > Excel is not installed on the IIS Server ,However its located on all
    > the other end user systems and we are using IE6/7 to export the
    > data.Previously when we are running IIS 4.0 also,excel is not
    > installed on that server
    >
    > Export to excel option is also enabled in the
    > Registry(HKCU\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\MenuExt\E&porttoExcel
    > ->Dword is set to 00000001)
    >
    > So My question is What settings we need to change such that it should
    > not prompt for username and password and data should be exported
    > directly to Excel

    I would think that these settings are nat an ASP, but an IIS issue,
    so better ask a IIS NG.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., May 19, 2009

  3. Rocky545

    Evertjan. Guest

    Margaret McCauley wrote on 17 sep 2010 in

    > I am new to this data exchange. What I actually did was, write an
    > e-mail

    Seems you are new to Usenet too.

    What are you responding on?

    [please always quote on usenet]