DataAdapter

Stephen Noronha

I have a question, please correct me if I am wrong.

I am assuming that a dataadapter establishes a connection and after filling
the dataset or datatable or whatever, will close the connection to the DB
right???

If yes, is there any reason that the connection get disconnected/timeout
and how can i find out what happened?

Thanks,
Stephen

Robbe Morris [C# MVP]

Search on "Lutz Reflector" and download his tool.
You can use it to view the .NET Framework source code.

Yes, if a connection has not been established on
the DataAdapter, it does create its own and closes
it upon completion.

I'd have to look at the .NET Framework source
code again to see if it throws an error.

Stephen Noronha

Hi Robbe,
thanks for the reply. this post is wrt a problem i am facing with filling a
dataset using Dataadapter.

I have tested a stored procedure using Query Analyser, it works (it takes a
long time... but it does)
I use this SP in my app and fill up a dataset. I have not "Connection
timeout" parameter set but at "da.fill(ds)" in a matter of like a min, i get
a SQL Exception for a "Timeout", i am still not able to figure out where is
this timeout occuring?

any Sugesstions?
Thanks,
Stephen