Debugging problem

Mark Rae

Hi,

I am having a problem debugging an ASP.NET application. When I hit F5 to
begin debugging, I get the following message box:

Microsoft Development Environment
Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. The debugger is not properly installed. Run setup to install or
repair the debugger. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug
ASP.NET pages for this project?
Yes / No

And, in the Output window of my project is displayed:

Auto-attach to process '[1788] aspnet_wp.exe' on machine 'WINDSMOOR2000'
failed. Error code 0x80040154 (Class not registered).

I have tried reinstalling IIS on the web server but to no avail.

Web Server is running Win2kS with SP4, and the latest SP of the .NET
framework. Development workstation is running Win2kW with SP3.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Best regards,

Mark Rae